Thursday, August 5, 2010

OFF the Road

I anticipated that by this hour we'd be well down the road from the Holman/MacGarvey home... but as we climbed in the Nissan to depart this morning we found that the starter in the vehicle had gone bad. So it looks like we might be in Dorset for one more night while the car is fixed. As I write, John is out cold on the hammock -- the sound of the rain surely did him in -- and Dodger is laying quietly on the deck next to him. I'm inside with a cool breeze while I try to plow through some of the email that's been accumulating over the past two weeks.

And the photos I've been hoping to add to this blog? They're tied up on my phone... there isn't cell phone service so I can't upload them mobile-ly... and I can't seem to make my computer and my phone talk to one another. So that will have to wait. But for any of you following along, we've hit a bit of a snag in the itinerary.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let me know what you think!